Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Supper...

last night was the most amazing pizza to ever come out of our oven, and it was HOMEMADE!!




 Dough: 2 1/2 to 3 cups all purpose flour
             1 cup warm water
             1 package rapid rise yeast
             1/4 teaspoon salt
              olive oil so the dough wont stick to the bowl as it rises
mix all ingredients together and knead dough until it is not sticky. let it rise for 1 hour or until it is double in size. You can do a double rise but I find that it isn't necessary. 
I sprayed the pizza pan and used a rolling pin to work the dough around starting from the very center.  I had to use my fingers to get the edges a little better but it's a very simple process. 


 We cooked up ground turkey and beef sausage.
 I can only eat pizza with tomato sauce on it from a select few places so I when I make pizza I make a white cheese sauce to use in its place. 
Butter
Flour
Milk 
Salt
shredded cheese
depending on how much sauce you want, add the desired amounts of each. 
melt butter in saucepan then add flour. stir and let the flour cook out to get rid of the taste. add milk stirring constantly. let this simmer for a few minutes still stirring until it thickens slightly, add cheese and stir while it melts. 
 I put a little spinach on the pieces I was going to eat...little did I know that I would only get one piece of it cause the boys wanted to try it too.
 This is the finished product. Usually I would've let the crust get a little bit more brown but we were impatient and hungry.
Daddy cuttin' the pizza which means it't time for supper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment