Thursday, March 29, 2012

new projects...

Mason and I went walkin' through the woods in search of treasure. We have been doing this a lot lately because there is so much stuff that has been brought down to the house and then just put out in buildings or just left to rot away outside. I hate seeing good things go to waste so if I see something I like, I bring it home and save it or re purpose it. This lawn chair and couch is a good example. It only needs some minor repairs then it will be something we can enjoy for years to come. 
This stump has taken a beating over the years so I came up with a plan that seems to be unanimously acceptable. Mason had mentioned carving something very elaborate into it like an animal of some sorts. We do not posses the skill nor the tools in which to do that so I decided to try to carve inspirational words into the wood. I'm not sure how it will turn out but I thought I would at least try. I'm thinking all I will need is a screwdriver and a hammer... This ought to be an interesting project.




No comments:

Post a Comment