Friday, May 4, 2012

Overwhelmed with very good things...

The garden is looking wonderful!!! I have spent a lot of time working in it today and I still haven't made much headway on it. The girls helped me weed yesterday, and then Taylor gets off the bus today and alerts me of the fact that I caused her to get a little sunburned....it isn't bad at all but I guess she just felt like it was worth mentioning. Some of the corn is already up to my waist, we should have several harvests this year....and I am SO excited about that. The squash is ready to be picked, well one squash...but that's okay. It will go on my homemade pizza tonight, along with some of the arugula and basil. Speaking of basil, I have WAY to much for us to eat and sell so I have decided to try my luck at making pesto and canning it for later uses. The rosemary has taken off too, but I think I'm just going to continue to freeze that. Speaking of way too many of something, I ended up with over 30 red cherry tomato plants. That will teach me to never plant a pack of 3 year old seeds and hope that some of them sprout...because all of them sprouted!!! The same happened with the cucumbers but I'm not worried about that because I make AWESOME pickles!!! I will post some pictures later, sadly I forgot to bring my camera... I swear, if my head wasn't attached to my body, today is just one of those days I would've lost it. Oh, other wonderful news.... 3 Bs and 1 A this semester!!! Hehehehe I was just alerted that I get to go "yard sellin" with my aunt and pop tomorrow, YIPPEEEEE!!!
well I must get back to the house so I can do a little more work in the garden before it gets dark :)

2 comments:

  1. kayla! i feel like we are such kindred spirits! how did we miss the depth of this while i was living in crawford! i love keeping up with your goings on..and so sorry about your chick..that is hard. and congrats on finishing semester! and i love the new coop! with love, clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have changed a lot since you and the family left...well I know I have actually. Yea my goings on...all of my friends on fb got tired me updating farm related things so I decided to blog instead. Its just a good way of reflecting on the day for me. I hated losing the chick but I was given 3 little seramas in return. I still have many chicken coops/tractors to build. I have 2 people ready to supply me with as many chicks as I want and boy do I want!!

    ReplyDelete